Could Someone Give me Advice for Integrating SST with an Existing Serverless Application?

Hello there,

I am working on integrating SST into an existing serverless application and could use some guidance on best practices. My application is built on AWS; utilizing Lambda; DynamoDB; API Gateway; and S3; with a deployment pipeline already set up using CI/CD. I have read through the SST documentation; but there are a few areas where I’m hoping to get some insights from those with experience in this domain.

My current application has a standard serverless.yml setup. How should I approach restructuring my project to incorporate SST? Should I migrate everything into SST at once; or is there a way to incrementally adopt SST? :thinking:

One of the key reasons I am exploring SST is for its live Lambda debugging capabilities. Could anyone share their experiences with this feature; especially in terms of how it integrates with existing testing frameworks like Jest or Mocha? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of? :thinking:

My application is deployed across multiple environments. How does SST handle environment-specific configurations; especially when it comes to managing secrets and environment variables? :thinking:

Also, I have gone through this post; https://discourse.sst.dev/t/provide-sst-construct-for-api-gateway-integration-mlops/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

I am particularly interested in hearing about real world experiences and any lessons learned during the migration process.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: