Does AWS Amplify sign up a user with his unauthenticated identifier ID?

Say we have a Cognito Identity Pool that allows for unauthenticated identities and a AWS Amplify session that does not specify a mandatorySignIn option in its configuration, my understanding of such a session is that it gets promoted to an unauthenticated user right after a proper configuration is specified, right? Or should AWS.Auth.currentCredentials() be called first? Anyway, assuming whichever of the two situations, if a user that is an unauthenticated user signs up using AWS.Auth.signUp() , will the identity ID specified for the sign up be the same as the identity ID specified by AWS.Auth.currentCredentials() ? I’m asking this question because I would like to generate a profile with a UUID for said unauthenticated user in a DynamoDB table. One last question, if the user closes and re-opens the application, will the unauthenticated identity ID get preserved? As far as I know, it is saved in the Local Storage, but I’d like to be sure.
Edit:
One more question I would like to ask, I’d assume that AWS.Auth.signIn() overwrites the unauthenticated user credentials in memory, right? In that case, is the unauthenticated user still in the cache or will a new unauthenticated user be generated when the user signs out?

The answer to the question above is that authenticated and unauthenticated identities are completely distinct. Your unauthenticated identity does get cached in Local Storage and it is different from any identity you create/authenticate.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying and answering your own question!

We’ll be looking to cover unauthenticated cases in the future.